“Mountain in Indian” is the very important topic for Gpsc and other same levels of competitive examination. There is minimum 2 to 3 Question ask For Indian Geography and I sure it’s definitely of Mountain Of India. In this article I deeply discuss the mountain in India With my handmade maps, so keep learning.
Hills of central India
- The world’s oldest mountain chain.
- From Gujarat to Delhi extends (900 km)
- “Gurushikhar” (1722 m) is the highest peak
- extends from Gujarat to Bihar
- In the south-eastern part of Vidyanchal, there is “Maikal Hills“, whose highest point is “Amarkantak“, from where the river Narmada flows.
- Between Aravalli and Vidyanchal is the mountain of “Madva“
Hills of South India
- Located in the middle of Narmada and Tapi river.
- In Gujarat, the part of Satpura is “Rajpipada” and “Hills of Gavilgadh“.
- “Dhupgarh” (1350 meters) is the highest point of Satpura.
Hills of Maharashtra
- Sahyadri ranges from: Karnataka, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- In Gujarat, the part of Sahyadri is a mountain like Tarapore, Wilson, Saputara, Panera.
- In Maharashtra, the mountain of the famous “Mahabaleshwar” is from where Krishna river flows.
- “Kadasubai” is the highest point of Sahyadri.
- Apart from this, the mountains of Satmala, Ajanta, Balaghat, and Harishchandra are in Maharashtra.
- Bababudhangi, Kundremukh and hills of Brahmagiri are In Karnataka.
- On the outskirts of Kerala, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu are the mountains of “Nilgiri“, whose highest point is “Dodabeta“.
- There are three mountain ranges are in a shape of “Y” between Tamilnadu and Kerala.
- Annamalai’s hill(“Annai Modi” (the highest point of South India)
- Pal hill
- Cardamom hill
Hills of East India
- There is a hill of Vilikonda, Palakonda, Nagari, and Nallamalai In Andhra Pradesh.
- In Orissa, the hills of gadhjat, Asiya, Tilakpada and Mahendergiri is located.
- In Nagaland, Manipur, and Mizoram there is “Patakai Bhom Range“, which has a “Mountain of Luis” in Mizoram.
- The Garo, Khasi, and Jaintia Hills are located in Meghalaya.